Thursday 21 October 2010

Happy Hamsters

I have recently uploaded a profile picture, the picture is of Fidget the hamster. Fidget is one of my two hamsters, however Tigger is very camera shy. Fidget and Tigger are both syrian and so cannot be housed together. They each own a large Savic Hamster Heaven, which are excellent cages and there is plenty of room for wheels and toys. The benefit of these cages is that they very escape proof! Out of the several different types of hamsters cages I have owned before, the Savic Hamster Heaven is by far the best.

I find that the long stretch of tubes over the top of the cage is enough to keep the hamster occupied for a week until I change the design. The height is also a benefit because I can hang kebabs and houses from the roof and the hamster has to work out how to reach them. I find in cages with several places for tubes to extend from can often be weak points and my hamster Cappucino (now deased) could chew them from the inside and they would pop out. Many times I would find him about two foot away from his house raiding his food bag!

Cages like these are very good and stimulating for the hamster, however they took hours to clean. In their new cage they can roam around, play with the many toys and find the hidden food in the roof house. It is great fun, although I'm not a hamster I don't think I have right to judge it.

No comments:

Post a Comment